The Plain Vanilla Player
The web folder called
will become documentation for a new effort commencing 4/1/07 (humor is intended).
Anything in this folder is meant to be accurate and workable.
Whereever we don't quite have things accurate and workable, we will refer to related thoughts in older folders.
We'll continually try to improve the documentation in this folder.
Priorities for Carl.
- Try to make everything on-line at or linked to by play
be reasonably sensible so Eric can get a sense of what we are undertaking.
- Write qkPlay as a precursor to pvPlay. It should fetch any data array
(most are 2 dimensional matrices but we should provide for the fact that some will be text strings)
in our data structure and add properties so it is a M1M (property value matrix, or PVM in SoftMed terms).
Do this quickly and send lots on a CD, including the rendering done by Jonathan & Adrian.
- Create one illustration of
and one illustration of
as a demo. (These links will only work on a CD, DVD, hard drive, or flash drive.)
This should be fully working, driven by qkFolder, and providing test data arrays for the Plain Vanilla Player.
Then put everything on a double density DVD (8gb) to send to Eric.
Priorities for Eric.
- tell me of ways to improve our documentation with more or better links and/or more or better written specs.
- top priority is to create a TExcel5 facility allowing every qkFolder.cf, qkInputs.cf and qkOutputs.cf array to be
viewed, edited and published.
Eric, please consider the following.
I have written my software so it can run in test mode on a CD.
That allows me to easily test new code or data against old code or data.
But for some strange reason, when I write a Colossal File to a CD it becomes unreadable.
Davin thinks this is a flaw in the Colossal File system as implemented by APL2000.