Lower left corner of keyboard, between "Ctrl" and "Alt" is the "Windows" key.
hold down the Windows key and press:
- D for desktop
- R for runfile
- E for Windows explorer
- F for find
How Swim Mag. CD's were copied to hard drive
- W-E to bring up Windows Explorer
- open left pane of Explorer to reveal folders where CD's are to be copied
- scroll down to d: drive which has the CD
- click on it so its contents come up in right pane
- ctrl-A to highlight all
- right click in highlighted area (so will get popup clarification, left click makes move automatic *)
- drag mouse cursor to the folder where you want to put them and release
- if move from one drive to another, then default is to copy
- if move is entirely on one drive, then default is to move
- Windows XP will report conflicts before starting to copy, "cancel" at this point is helpful in avoiding errors.
Fn key (second from left on bottom of keyboard) + F8; toggle displays (Partrick fixed my laptop with this)
notes on sharing files
- on NES laptop computer, go to "My Computer".
- right click on c: drive.
- then click on "share".
- warning message will come up "if....", click on it to signal ok.
- then a screen comes up with what I need in the middle:
- Network sharing & security (click to turn radio control on)
- share name: c (use default)
- Allow others to change files (click to turn radio control on)
- on the 2400 computer, it will appear as "c on NStroud".
- then I mapped "c on NStroud" to be "j" on the 2400.
- right click on My Computer
- click on "sharing"
- select drive letter, browse for resource, click on it
- Start, All Programs
- Scan document (searchable pdf)