cFile & cFiles
cfIO is a new function which will
read, replace, append for existing Collossal Files (not create).
Another function will be the utility for doing other maintenance tasks for Collossal files.
(this text is as of 2005.11.10).
principles for cfIO:
- LA, if it exists, is what is to be written
- RA is location (1) FQP if literal or tie# if numeric, (2) FCN# or keyword
- if RA=¯1, then append
- if file does not exist, handle as error handling, the calling function should verify that it exists.
- if RA(FCN) is more than 1 above current file size, query & if OK add necessary FCNs (DAVIN ?)
- another fn "cFiles" can do utility work (maybe it will do "create" if Davin's CreateFile does not do it)
- FCN 1 is a numeric vector named iFMV, the first two elements are particularly important. iFMVLABELS[¼2;]
- iFMV = #FCNs which are header, not data, from 1st
- iFMV = FCN which has index of record ids for quick access
- I understand FCN 0 is available for any use; I have use for it which will not effect the fn "cFile"
- cFile should be fully compatible with both Windows & dotNet apl systems
- If a file is not a Collosal file, then the cFile fn should bounce to a line tag for "Carl's old stuff"
Utilities by any of the following names can be created
- cfcreate cftie cfstie
- cfread cfappend cfreplace cfdrop
- cfrename cferase cfuntie
- cfsize cfhist cfrdci
- cfnames cfnums